Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kroenke approved unanimously

NFL.com

Also, the Rosenblooms remain minority owners for the time being; Kroenke has not yet taken 100% control of the team. His stake is 70% and he is buying the rest at a later date.

Kroenke has until 2014 to transfer control of his Denver teams so he is compliant with the NFL's cross-ownership by-laws.

Also, Shahid Khan is a good guy. His statement after yesterday's vote:

"I have nothing but best wishes for Stan Kroenke as the new controlling owner of the St. Louis Rams. I have gotten to know Stan very well this year, I admire his success and I am certain he will be an excellent owner for the Rams, the National Football League and the St. Louis community. I'll always appreciate the trust Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez put in me, and I thank Commissioner Roger Goodell and team owners for their professional approach in everything related to the sale process. This adventure didn't turn out the way I had hoped, but it was otherwise a worthwhile experience in every respect and I'll always be a fan of the St. Louis Rams."

No comments: