Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rams roster moves

Per Jim Thomas and Howard Balzer tweets:

The Rams have signed WR Mark Clayton and DT Marlon Favorite.
CB Jerome Murphy has been placed on injured reserve. His season is over.
CB Marquis Johnson goes on PUP. Wait a minute, wasn't he already there? I'll have to wait for the full story on that. I think it makes him eligible to come back after week 6.

Favorite was on the Rams practice squad for about a week early in the Spagnuolo era. I can't say I expect him to make a major run at a main roster position. He just spent the last month in Philadelphia's training camp, so I'm thinking brain dump.

I'm NOT going back and re-editing my ill-fated Road to 53 post from this morning. Again, I think Favorite's just going to be an in-and-out. And actually, at this second, we don't know if they haven't just signed Clayton so they can PUP him and bring him back later in the season. That's probably what they'll have to do. That gives them more wiggle room to figure out where they are with guys like Austin Pettis.

I'll give Tim Atchison the roster spot I had been holding for Murphy, and bump Chase Reynolds up to the PS slot I had Atchison in. I also had Johnson in a PS slot and have no idea who to put there now. I'll say Jeremy McGee.

-$-

No comments: