Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Todd McShay seven-round Rams mock

The only thing that bothers me about the seven-round mock draft McShay and Scouts Inc. put up on the ESPN website today is that what he has for the Rams is too good. Seriously, this is a beauty to behold:

1/6 - Matt Kalil
2/33 - Doug Martin
2/39 - Reuben Randle
3/65 - Josh Norman
4/96 - Mike Daniels, DT, Iowa
6/171 - Jaye Howard, DT, Florida
7/209 - Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
7/252 - Drew Butler, P, Georgia

This draft doesn't address Will LB, so I might have taken James-Michael Johnson in round 4 instead. At 209, I might have gone after Chris Owusu or Junior Hemingway, both compensatory picks at the end of round 7, instead. And drafting a punter at Mr. Less-than-Irrelevant is almost not drafting a punter at all, I can live with that.

And I agree with Matt Kalil over Justin Blackmon. And 100 tons on Martin, Randle and Norman. And Howard is super-quick off the ball and would be a nice sixth-round pickup.

If the Rams have a draft this good, I'll be crying tears of joy Saturday evening.

Guess I'd better brace myself for Fletcher Cox, no wide receivers and a fourth-round punter, just in case.

-$-

No comments: