Friday, April 6, 2012

PFW draft value mock draft

Based on the draft value chart just posted at ProFootballWeekly.com, it's time for yet another RamView Rams 7-round mock draft. I would hope this one is based on fairly-accurate projections, since PFW's chart is supposed to be a summary of where teams think each player is going to be drafted...

1/6 - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State.
2/33 - Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech. I've said if Hill is available at 33, I'm taking him even if I got Blackmon. I'm also thinking I'd be happy starting the draft with a 1-2 punch of Blackmon and Reuben Randle.
2/39 - Doug Martin, RB, Boise State. Rams have defensive needs to meet here, but I'm taking offensive playmakers when I can get them. So in the first two rounds, I've given Sam Bradford a better version of Dez Bryant, a Demaryius Thomas-like deep threat and a Ray Rice-lite RB. I think that would be a hell of a start to the draft.
3/65 - Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati. Mel Kiper has Wolfe as a first-rounder in his most recent mock. Looked good Senior Bowl week and was one of the most athletic DT's at the Combine.
4/96 - Sean Spence, WLB, Miami. Keenan Robinson would be fine here as well. I like Spence a little more for his intangibles, and The U has been a solid source for NFL linebackers.
6/171 - Coty Sensabaugh, CB, Clemson. Really caught my eye at the Combine. Great feet, great straight-line and short-area speed and quickness. Worth the pick here for his physical tools alone.
7/209 - Matt McCants, T, UAB. Developmental left tackle with a lot of upside.
7/252 - Cory Harkey, TE, UCLA. Stood out as blocking tight end at Shrine Game.

-$-

No comments: