Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rams report, 9/8

* Injuries: What I like most about the Rams' injury report is that it's very, very short. There's no official report out yet, on NFL.com, at least, but I'll call Michael Hoomanawanui (calf) doubtful for Sunday - he has yet to return to practice. James Hall (back) and Eugene Sims (oblique) I'll call questionable; both were limited in practice yesterday.

* Eight more years. Terms were not mentioned, but ESPN has now locked up rights to Monday Night Football thru 2021. That being the case - I may be alone here for all I know - I really, really need a team to hire Jon Gruden, and soon. Guy drives me nuts.

* Fearful predictions. As opposed to fearless, because I'm going to be wrong by a mile like I always am. I'm picking them to lose tonight, but I've got the Saints beating the Ravens in Super Bowl XLVI in February. Offense is loaded as always, they kept their offensive line together, and I really liked their offseason defensive moves, signing Shaun Rogers and drafting Cameron Jordan. The Ravens should feast on what looks like a very soft schedule along with a predicted Super Bowl hangover in Pittsburgh. I'm expecting breakout years for Joe Flacco and Ray Rice (so of course I was a god damned idiot and took Arian Foster in my ESPN league).

NFC division winners: Eggles, Packers, Saints, Rams. Wild cards: Bucs and Falcons.
AFC division winners: Jets, Ravens, Texans, Chargers. Wild cards: Patriots, Steelers.

There, now you know who to bet against.

* Ex-Rams updates. Quick list of recent transactions involving former Rams:
- Laurent Robinson - signed by Dallas.
- Ruvell Martin - cut by Buffalo.
- Chris Ogbonnaya - signed to Houston practice squad.
- Danny Gorrer - signed to Baltimore PS.
- Bryant Browning - cut by Carolina.
- Andrew Hawkins - signed to Cincinnati PS, and had a 30-plus-yard punt return in the final preseason game against the Colts.
- Terrail Lambert - signed to New Orleans PS. He was on the Rams' PS last year, unless I'm hallucinating.
- Roy Schuening - wasn't cut by Oakland, but was put on injured reserve.
- Jamie McCoy and Mortty Ivy are both on Pittsburgh's PS.
- David Vobora - released by Seattle.

That should cover everything since last weekend's roster cutdowns. Happy Kickoff 2011 tonight!

-$-

No comments: