Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ex-Rams comments on L.A. rumors

Yahoo!
Kurt Warner: I'm a St. Louis guy, so I want the Rams to stay there in St. Louis. That's where my heart is and I'll always think of the Rams as a part of St. Louis. But I hear the rumors and I understand the logic of the natural fit with the Rams back in L.A. But I'm a St. Louis guy, so my hope is that they stay there.




 

ESPN
Orlando Pace said St. Louis is home in spirit for all of the Greatest Show on Turf Rams.

This is where we had that success. This is where everything happened. So if the team left, it would be almost like the (football) Cardinals. They don’t feel like they have a home. We’d feel the same way. So hopefully they stay in St. Louis, where we won a championship.

Los Angeles Times (yeah, irony. I know)
Torry Holt on the LA rumors: heartbreaking. Because I know this city loves football. We saw it first-hand. There’s a lot of talk about this being a baseball town. And it is, and that’s understandable. [But] from ’99 to 2004, they loved St. Louis Rams football. It was a football town. We’ve just gotta get back to winning. Get back to winning.

 


St. Louis Rams
Danny Amendola says it would be a shame to see the Rams move from St. Louis back to Los Angeles:

I have a love for St. Louis for sure. It was my home. Ironically,  LA is a home of mine, too. Are they moving out there for sure? LA needs a team, too, but to take ’em away from St. Louis it would be sad to see ’em go.

NOLA.com
Marshall Faulk said in a recent radio interview that St. Louis didn't act quickly enough, an opinion that doesn't take a lot into account, which Bernie Miklasz addresses here and which I'm about to repeat in another post.

I think it's still worth noting when the Rams' former players in St. Louis are willing to stick up for the city in public comments.

All comments from interviews with STLToday.

-$-

No comments: