Sunday, August 5, 2012

RamView, 8/5: injury report

Here's the closest thing I have to an injury report for the Rams after yesterday's scrimmage:

- Danario Alexander limited, leg/hamstring
- Todd Anderson out or limited (?)
- Kendric Burney out or limited, leg/hamstring
- Josh Gordy limited, leg/hamstring
- Lance Kendricks out, leg/hamstring (added Saturday)
- Trevor Laws out, leg/hamstring (added Saturday)
- Ryan McKee out, leg/hamstring (added Saturday)
- Jerome Murphy limited, leg/hamstring
- DeAngelo Peterson out, leg/hamstring (added Saturday)
- Darryl Richardson out or limited (?)
- Rodger Saffold out, leg/hamstring (added Saturday)
- Darian Stewart limited, leg/hamstring
- Scott Wells out, knee

Yes, all of the injuries save Wells are described as leg soreness or tight hamstrings. I observed Anderson and Richardson doing stretching on the side, which seems a common activity for injured players, and did not see them participate in practice. They're not listed in any published reports, though. Head coach Jeff Fisher believes everyone will be back in action next week, not including Wells.

Oh, yeah, there's one injury I forgot:

- Sam Bradford, probable, ankle

I now fully expect to list Bradford on every injury list, for the rest of time, for an ankle injury he originally suffered October 16, 2011. Here's Sam, interviewed after yesterday's practice:

Yeah, obviously it’s something. It is a little bit frustrating that it’s somewhat there still. I thought with rest in the offseason it would’ve been gone by now, but it’s not and I’ve talked about it with (Head Athletic Trainer) ‘Reg’ (Reggie Scott). I understand what his plan is and I think we’re doing as good as we can right now in managing it.

It’s close. I think it’s as good as it’s going to feel. It’s something that we’re managing right now. I’ve been able to take every snap so far without any setbacks and I think that’s a positive sign.

I don't get it. I thought the "bad" high ankle sprain was supposed to be a 4-to-6 week injury. Sam Bradford has had an injured ankle for * 42 * weeks now. Yes, it was a big mistake on the Rams' part (and Sam's) to rush him back into action last season when he clearly was nowhere close to 100%. But FORTY-TWO WEEKS?

According to Medical News Today, it typically takes 6 months to recover from... hip replacement surgery. That's 24-26 weeks. And we're talking old ladies there!

The Rams had today off, so valuable rest for Sam's permanently injured ankle, and practice Monday at 3:30. All practices thru Friday are open to the public.

-$-

Photo: ESPN



No comments: