Monday, August 27, 2012

RamView, 8/27: Rams cut down to 75

The Rams made the following roster moves today to reach the league roster limit of 75:

* Placed DT Trevor Laws on injured reserve. His season is over.

* Released:
- WR Danario Alexander
- FB Todd Anderson
- TE Brody Eldridge
- WR Charles Gilbert
- DL Todd Gill
- WR Brandyn Harvey
- LB Alex Hoffman-Ellis
- OL Kevin Hughes
- LB Noah Keller
- K Garrett Lindholm
- OL Ryan McKee
- RB Calvin Middleton
- RB Nick Schwieger
- LS Travis Tripucka

* Comments:

RamView went 9 for 15 on this round of cuts, a far cry better than last year, when I think I went 3 for 10. I wasn't sure enough of Laws' or DX's injury status, but even had I predicted them to go, I still would have had Jamaar Jarrett and Quinton Pointer on the cut list.

The Rams didn't cut anyone I have making the final roster, but they did cut two I had on the practice squad, Hughes and Middleton. They must like T-Bob more than I do. And shoot, Middleton's shown me as much in preseason games as Isaiah Pead has.

I had Anderson on my cut list at the start of Saturday night's game, but he impressed me enough that I backspaced him and put in Ben Guidugli instead. The fan club lives a couple more days!

Never could figure why Hoffman-Ellis was only tried at middle linebacker. I had high hopes for him until I figured out his only chance was going to be to make one of the least open positions on the roster. Has to be another team out there he'd make sense for. Maybe Philadelphia.

Is Tom Brandstater even going to play Thursday night? What's he going to do the next three days?

Why keep Darell Dorell Scott when he hasn't cracked second string this summer and is going to be out injured the first couple of weeks of the regular season anyway? All I can think of is that they're not sold on Jermelle Cudjo yet; I'd be shocked if Matt Conrath failed to make the final roster.

-$-

No comments: