Sunday, August 12, 2012

RamView, 8/12

I wish there were different ways to say this, I've said it so often, I'm very tired of saying it, but RamView for today's fiasco is up now.  Report

It is getting very, very hard to fight the "the more things change, the more they stay the same" mentality right now. The Colts were the worst team in the NFL in 2012, the only team worse than the Rams, and just handed us our heads. I don't think it was unrealistic to expect a far more competitive game. I do feel like a lot of today's issues are coachable, though. I'm sure the Rams coaching staff already doesn't get a lot of sleep, but better keep the coffee pot on the rest of the month, men.

* Today's Rams pluses: Robert Quinn, Kendall Langford, Chris Long, Janoris Jenkins, Rodney McLeod, Steven Jackson, Harvey Dahl, Lance Kendricks, Greg Zuerlein, Austin Pettis.

* Today's minuses: the other 80 could all stand to pick up their games. Safety play was dreadful, save McLeod. Offensive line made a lot of mistakes. Isaiah Pead looked amazingly nervous before settling down a little. Linebackers were not noticeable and Michael Brockers did his best Jimmy Kennedy impression. (Too soon?)

It's getting late for me, sorry to leave off the usual detailed injury report. No injuries during the game that I'm aware of. Most of the guys who have been sitting out in camp sat out today. Rodger Saffold was one exception. Will catch up with camp stuff tomorrow night.

-$-

No comments: