Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Michael WHAT THE HELL?

Bernie Miklasz is taking a poll right now on his blog, and St. Louis is coming down almost 2-to-1 IN FAVOR of Michael Vick as Rams QB next year?

Honestly, I was expecting about 5-to-1 against when I registered what I thought was an obvious NO vote. Did everyone in St. Louis leave their brains at home this morning, or is this some kind of hacker attack?

2,000-plus total idiots have now given Bernie an excuse to float this as a serious idea. I don't want rumors dancing around the Rams all offseason that they're going to make a play for Michael Vick. But here it comes, you bunch of damn morons. Bernie's got his "why not Vick" column ready and now he's got a poll saying fans would be receptive to the idea. NO WE ARE NOT.

Michael Vick in a Rams uniform would have me seriously considering dropping my season tickets. I have not entertained this thought in 15 years, not until this Vick idea came up today. And I'm a guy, one of many, who just got done sitting through a three-win, then a two-win, and then a one-win season. I just paid over a thousand dollars to see not a single regular season home win in 2009. There are few things the Rams could do to keep me from coming back.

Trading for Michael Vick is one of them. If the Rams are going to have any "pillars", if they're going to go about building this team the right way, they will shrug this seed of an idea off like the idiotic notion it is. The folks out there arguing for him because he's done his time, or because it's the same thing with Leonard Little (which hell no it isn't), make me wonder what kind of community I live in any more. I know Roger Goodell reinstated Vick, and I also don't care. I have higher standards than Goodell's publicity-driven, commercially-expedient morals. The Rams must, too, or Richie Incognito would still be here. He got the character boot without anything remotely close to an off-the-field incident. They'd better not cut back their standards now, or I'm going to have a lot of free Sundays this coming fall.

No comments: