Saturday, January 10, 2009

Frazier an HC finalist (and new #1 in coaches' poll)

This just in from stltoday:
Leslie Frazier interviews with the Rams Tuesday, and this is a final interview, not an initial interview. I guess Billy Devaney listening in to Frazier's interviews in Atlanta is supposed to be enough for the Rams to go on.

The Rams will interview Rex Ryan in Baltimore tomorrow (as will the Jets).

Jim Schwartz and Mike Munchak of the Titans have both dropped off the Rams' wish list. I know that loss to Baltimore today soured me on the "Who me? Blitz?" Schwartz, though I'd cop to that being short-sighted to a large extent. There's no reason not to interview those two, UNLESS you are trying to make a quick move for Frazier or Ryan, which may be what's happening.

It also looks like the Giants will have to lose for the Rams to interview Steve Spagnuolo.

The feeling I'm getting is that the pace is really picking up at Rams Park (L.A. Office Park in all actuality and probability), and that it's between Frazier and Haslett for the spot unless Ryan knocks it out of the park tomorrow, or doesn't get a lucrative offer from the Jets tomorrow.

New coaches' poll:
1. Frazier
2. Ryan
3. McDaniel
4. Haslett
5. Moss

Schwartz and Munchak drop off since the Rams dropped them off their list.
Grimm (Arizona) and Spagnuolo may last too long in the postseason to get interviews.
I honestly don't know what's happened with Jason Garrett, Ray Sherman or Todd Bowles.
I doubt any of them are still considered serious candidates, though Sherman was supposed to get an interview next week at last word. They're not actually considering him a FINALIST, are they?

No way. I'll stick to my guns - it's Frazier or Haslett unless Ryan has a brilliant interview tomorrow, which hasn't been his strong point in the past.

No comments: