Monday, April 11, 2011

Mental mock draft: order of preference at #14

1. Julio Jones (as if).
2. Robert Quinn, on an unlikely slip.
3. Trade down. I think Ryan Kerrigan, Mike Pouncey and QB#3 are all going to become hot commodities by the time the Rams go on the clock, and plenty of teams want one of the three. If the Rams can trade down a little, pick up an extra pick and still get the guy I have at #4, I'll bounce up and down like a little kid this draft night.
4. Marvin Austin.
5. Aldon Smith.
6. I can be talked into liking Mark Ingram.
7. Corey Liuget.


Off my board:
Cameron Jordan, J.J. Watt: Excellent players I feel should be drafted by 3-4 teams. Kerrigan also basically in this boat.
DaQuan Bowers. If he falls to 14, the Rams can let him keep falling, like they didn't let Jimmy Kennedy do in 2003.
Muhammed Wilkerson. I think he's a 3-4 end and I doubt his physical fitness.

Picks at #14 that would make me cry (not for joy):
1. Torrey Smith.
2. Adrian Clayborn.
3. Justin Houston.
4. Cameron Heyward.

-$-

No comments: