Saturday, August 29, 2015

Rams news, 8/29

I'll have to rely on Thursday's practice report for tonight's injury report:

Not practicing Thursday:
Daren Bates (knee)
Andrew Donnal (not specified)
Nick Fairley (collarbone)
Brandon McGee (foot)
Rodger Saffold (shoulder)
Brad Smelley (hand and unspecified leg injury)
Korey Toomer (ankle)
Doug Worthington (foot/ankle)

Michael Brockers (shoulder), and disturbingly, Aaron Donald, did not participate in team drills. We have no idea why Donald was held out.

In better news, Todd Gurley was cleared to practice, which makes me think he could be playing for real by week 3 and that I should have drafted him in my fantasy league this week. I wanted him as a RB3 but somebody else took him as a RB2.

Update: Brian Quick was cleared during the week to play tonight. I'm not sure if Cody Wichmann will play, but he has been practicing.

Demetrius Rhaney is getting work at LG with Saffold not likely to play until opening day. That's an important role update for Rhaney; whoever backs up at center is going to have to be able to play another position. Could be a sign the staff likes Rhaney. I hope he's got better anchor at guard than he showed at center last week.

Robert Quinn was NOT fined for his forearm shot to Marcus Mariota's head at Tennessee last week. This especially fascinates me because Jo-Lonn Dunbar got fined last year for tapping a QB on the shoulder pad and getting incorrectly called for contact to the head. Some crackerjack work there by Dean Blandino and company at NFL HQ.

More updates if I come up with anything interesting between now and game time; otherwise, look for the "live" (it takes me about 5 hours to watch/process a game) blog posts during (and after) the game.

-$-

No comments: