* Smith in, Smiths out. Jason Smith missed most of yesterday's practice after turning his left ankle. X-rays were negative. Renardo Foster stepped in at RT.
Chris Long and Kenneth Darby returned to practice. Both were limited.
Michael Hoomanawanui was slated to practice but the condition of his ankle wasn't as good as hoped. He remains out.
Mike Singletary's big secret about Sunday's starting 49ers QB made it the whole way to Wednesday before NFL Network's Jason La Canfora flushed it out. It'll be Troy Smith, though Singletary continues to say he won't hesitate to make a change in-game. I'd make the same move in Singletary's position. Troy threw for 356 yards in the first meeting, and if their o-line is as bad off as it was last month, they'll need their most mobile guy back there.
* Sold-out season. Sunday's game qualified for sell-out status yesterday and will be on local TV, making the Rams 8-for-8 this season. Six games better than I thought they'd do.
* Transactions. LB Curtis Johnson was called up from the practice squad to fill Britt Miller's spot on the main roster. Joe West gets the opening on the practice squad. Not to be confused for the "Cowboy Umpire", West is a WR out of UTEP originally signed by the Cowboys in 2008. He has two seasons under his belt in the UFL: 16-193 with 5 starts in 2009 for the California Redwoods, and 17-262 with 3 starts this year for the Sacramento Mountain Lions.
* Updates on players I think are former Rams:
- Dominic Douglas: signed to Broncos practice squad.
- Louis Leonard: cut by New England.
- Brett Johnson: added to Bills practice squad.
- Terrail Lambert: added to Dolphins practice squad.
- Donovan Raiola: cut by Tampa Bay.