Friday, December 17, 2010

Rams report, 12/17

ST LOUIS, MO - DECEMBER 24:  Kevin Curtis #83 of the St Louis Rams carries the ball during the game against Washington Redskins on December 24, 2006 at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Missouri. The Rams defeated the Redskins 37-31 in overtime. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

* Injury updates: The Rams almost don't have any injury concerns this week. Jacob Bell (bruised knee) is probable for the Chiefs game. Ron Bartell (shoulder) has been limited in practice but is determined to play Sunday and is also listed as probable. Justin King is full-go and is off the injury report altogether. Kenneth Darby has a cracked rib and is listed as questionable; I'd guess game-day inactive for him. David Nixon (broken hand) is also questionable, while Michael Hoomanawanui (high ankle sprain) remains out and reportedly isn't anywhere close to being ready.

Chiefs head coach Todd Haley says the decision to start Matt Cassel or Brodie Croyle at QB won't be made until right before the game.

* Roll the dice. The Rams are apparently 1-point underdogs this week; I guess I'll have to take them. You can't not take them, in case Croyle starts. But I guess I'm going to have to leave Dwayne Bowe in my fantasy lineup. He's had ZERO fantasy points the last two weeks, and you can bet he'd be a good bet to do it again with Croyle in. It's stupid from a fantasy standpoint to start him. But if I bench him, you can bet Cassel starts, plays like Tom Brady and hits Bowe for about a buck-sixty and 2 or 3 TDs. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet so I don't screw the Rams.

Yes, I do actually make fantasy football decisions like that.

* Set your DVR. TV blackout is officially lifted for the game. Noon Sunday on KMOV.

* Frisco melt. The weekend got off to a good start with San Diego burying the Whiners last night, 34-7. The preseason favorite to win the NFC West is now 5-9.

* Ex-Ram update: Kevin Curtis has signed a 1-year contract with the Dolphins. He was cut by the Eagles this spring and has missed the 2010 season to date due to surgery for testicular cancer. Best of luck to White Lightning.

-$-

* Fine time: Oshiomogho Atogwe was fined $5,000 for his facemask penalty on Reggie Bush in last Sunday's game.

* And I can't believe I forgot this, but judging that Governor Jay Nixon's vital business on behalf of the people of Missouri today was hanging out at Rams Park... the hell with the playoffs, THE GOVERNOR'S CUP IS ON THE LINE SUNDAY!!!!!

Now that I know the Cup is on the line, I'm shocked, shocked, I say, that the Chiefs are even thinking of keeping Cassel sidelined. You don't get that many chances to win the Governor's Cup, you know!

-$$-

No comments: