Saturday, September 5, 2009

Rams get down to 53-man roster

...by placing DE Eric Moore on injured reserve.

I went 16 for 21 on my projected cuts in Friday's RamView, even though the two I thought I was most likely to miss, Berlin and Pittman, were two I guessed correctly.

I kept: Ogbonnaya, Curry, Todd Johnson, and Burton.
The Rams kept: Nate Jones, David Roach, Eric Young, Roger Allen and Quinton Culberson.

Yes, I know that doesn't match. I cut one player too many in RamView Friday night. (Another good reason I'll never be an NFL GM.) Had I realized that, I probably would have kept Phil Trautwein as the ninth lineman, or Tim Carter as the 6th receiver, though; wouldn't have helped my average. I never saw it with Young; Allen's presence surprises me mainly because there's 5 other guys on the roster who can play guard, and guard is all he plays.

Surprises thus far, some of which I've mentioned already:
* Ten offensive linemen on the final roster.
* Four running backs.
* Ron Curry cut in favor of Jones.
* David Roach on the roster despite a multitude of bad plays in preseason.

I would imagine they'll pick up another RB off waivers and cut one of the offensive linemen. Keep an eye on those transaction wires.

No comments: