Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bulger's bank account needs a boost - Fox Sports

I can't say I disagree with this article one bit.

So what the hell's the holdup? The Rams have the cap room. They have tons of money. They should have a very good idea what the rookie class is going to get paid. Marc clearly wants to stay, and his agent's not Carl Poston. (Poston would probably ask double-Peyton-Manning money for Bulger.)

Excerpt from the article:

Could the team leader hold out of training camp?

"We'll see if that will happen," Bulger said. "I don't think that will happen. But you never know. I don't want to rule anything out. The Rams have been good to me. I've been here my entire career. I hope it will work out."

I'll say right now, that if Marc Bulger decides to holds out, assuming his demands are reasonable, it'll
be the first time I'll ever approve a Ram player holdout. And I ripped Marshall Faulk in 1999.

Other than Bulger making Poston his agent, which he of course hasn't done, I can't even come up
with a comedy reason that his deal hasn't been extended by now.

Get it done, John Shaw. Yesterday.

No comments: