Friday, July 27, 2007

Bulger, Carriker signed!

Exciting and good news from Rams Park that the team has signed
Marc Bulger to a richly-deserved contract extension and has also
gotten first-round pick Adam Carriker signed to a deal. stltoday.com article

Bulger's contract is 6 years, $63 million, which means I damn near nailed
it with my guess on Wednesday.

Sounds like I short-changed Carriker with my previous estimate, though.
With Marshawn Lynch getting $19M at #12 and Lawrence Timmons getting
$15M at #15, Adam's probably in the $17.5M neighborhood, vs. my guess
of $14M. All we know right now is that it's a 5-year deal. Adam has agreed
to it but hasn't signed it, so he's missing the first day of camp. Looks like
I'll get to see his camp debut tomorrow.

Great work by the Rams front office, getting everyone in camp essentially
on time, and getting Bulger locked up with a contract that's reasonable in
the current market without breaking the bank.

No comments: