Friday, May 1, 2015

Rams draft Sean Mannion in 3rd round

It only took Les Snead and Jeff Fisher three years to draft a young QB with long-term starter upside, aka "QB of the future", and it's Oregon State QB Sean Mannion. I'm not a big fan from what I saw of Mannion Senior Bowl week. Pretty erratic accuracy, didn't throw well on the move. But the Rams finally have a young QB with upside in the wings in case the starter goes down or flees in free agency. It's a smart move even though I probably would have gone with Brett Hundley.

I'm not a big fan of the Rams' draft so far. A luxury pick RB, two extensive reaches for mauling run-blockers and a so-so college QB. To their credit, though, they're staying true to who they are and have filled needs while staying away from drafting criminals. Let me get cracking on profiles and see if I can find some things to further change my mindset.

-$-

No comments: