Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Carriker, Chillar, Eric Moore

An everywhere guy

Chillar's stock rises

More from Moore

I thought Adam Carriker was the defensive MVP against Atlanta. His sack moved ATL out of long FG range; the next play was a turnover. His TFL of Norwood forced ATL into long-yardage downs and they ended up settling for a FG. And the biggest play was the pass knockdown (second? I thought he had two) with Atlanta inside the 10, trailing 21-16. They ended up turning the ball over on downs. It's not a stretch to say Adam saved the Rams 14 points. Huge, clutch game.

I agree that this has been Brandon Chillar's best season, the last 4 to 6 weeks in particular. But I see little to no chance he'll return next season. The Rams already have a lot of money tied up in Will's and Pisa's contracts, and Chris Draft is already here to step into the starting role in 2008. Brandon's worth a nice contract. I just think he'll get it from another team.

No comments: